Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's the world through my eyes.

And it's nothing more than words. That's what everything is, really. And so I begin my journey into this blog, into words, thoughts, inspiration. 

And yet, between all of these things, there is me.

Just a speck of dust in this expansive universe we call home. And I'm going to use this blog to let my voice be heard, to let the universe know it's me, I'm here.

I'm just a teenager.

Just a teenager who loves poetry, novels and words. I'm a dreamer, yet my dreams are much too big for anything in reality. I live in my own world of words and music and dreams, spinning down into letters and poetry and feelings that can't be written down in the right way. 

But I try.
I try to love Jane Austen BBC movies, but I just can't. I try to love writing with pencils, but I just can't. I try to love the way people stop right in front of you when you're walking, but I just can't. I try to love the taste of red peppers, but I just can't. I try to love the way people sing out loud with their earbuds in, but I just can't.

Instead I'll stick with my love of beautiful pens that seem to last forever. With my love of the way a sweater makes me happier than I thought could happen. I'll stick with my love of poetry that makes me feel, of novels that change me. My love of the sound oxfords make when the heels slap the hallway as I'm walking. My love of that moose pillow pet I want more than anything. I'll stick with my love of notebooks and they way I stand in the notebook isle at Target for 20 minutes. My love of the smell of books, new and old.

And I'll stick with all of these things, whether they want me to or not.

9 comments:

  1. I really love your intro. It has a good beginning and makes me want to read more about what you write. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what's up with those BBC movies. I think I tried Sense and Sensibility, and I wanted to like it, but I fell asleep.

      Delete
  2. And what about those textbooks?
    Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love to stare at notebooks, and i often smell my books as I read :) It's one of my favorite smells! Love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thank you for letting me know it is okay to love what I already love. As for your dreams being too big for reality... Only you can decide that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your writing style, you have an incredibly strong voice that's so unique. I'll definitely be reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And yet, between all of these things, there is me."
    im might be there too. . . just saying

    ReplyDelete