Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sew my lips shut, rip my heart out.






"You don't know what love is, you're just a teenager."
Lie.

"You can only be in love with one person at a time."
Lie.

"If you love him, you'll never let him go."
Lie.

You knew nothing. You know everything. And I fell, hard. I learned through lies and regret and hate. I learned the difficult way. I found it within the burnt rubble and ashes -- all that was left of the wall surrounding my heart.

After learning to let go, to finally escape the tragedy and the heartache that is inevitable, I rebuilt the walls. I made sure they were brick and solid and protecting. I was positive I'd never fall again. I was sure they were perfect this time, with no cracks, no weaknesses. Not after last time. The walls were finished, and I was fine. I was perfectly fine.

Until him. I hardly know him, yet I can't stop thinking about him and what I do know. He is devastatingly beautiful, and I can't get my mind to spit him out, to make me hate him. 

He found the weakness in my wall, the last brick I never managed to fit properly. After slowly making his way in, he broke me from the inside out. So I fall. 

And I can't stop. 

11 comments:

  1. "He found the weakness in my wall, the last brick I never managed to fit properly." I love this. No,I love this whole thing. It's so relate-able yet something entirely new. Exquisite job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. i can relate! i like your first picture with that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its like you know my life. really vivid..."he broke me from the inside out. so i fall. and I cant stop" too good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who are you?? Marry Me? ha no for real this is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. though those statements that you said you think they're lies are incredibly true (in my opinion) i loved what you had to say and the pictures are the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing and you really expressed yourself well. I love how you pointed out the lies that everyone tells you! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is incredible. simple.as.that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "He is devastatingly beautiful, and I can't get my mind to spit him out, to make me hate him."

    "He found the weakness in my wall, the last brick I never managed to fit properly. After slowly making his way in, he broke me from the inside out."

    Holy Brilliant. Love Love Love this. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Favorite.
    "He found the weakness in my wall, the last brick I never managed to fit properly." This hits home. So true. Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete