Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hate vs. Love



Hate keeps knocking on my door. I keep yelling, "Go away, no one wants you here!" He's sneaking peeks through my window, and I can't shut the blinds because they are broken and unfixable. The curtains burned last week, so that's not an option either. 

I tried to ignore Hate, I tried to ignore the persistent knocking. Hate likes to drive me to insanity. I looked through the tiny peephole in the door, Hate glared back at me, loathing and greed etched on his face. 

Hate was still knocking.

"Aren't your fists getting red?" I asked through the door.

Hate ignored me.

"Don't they ache from your persistence?"

Hate said nothing.

"Go away."

Hate didn't move.

I turned out the lights and went to bed, listening to the beat of my heart and the blood in my veins.

Hate kept knocking.

I didn't fall asleep. I stayed awake, listening to the never-ending knocking. Hate would never give up.

I looked at the clock. The glowing red numbers read 2:43 am. I went to the door, I didn't bother to turn on the light. I threw it open, anger evident in my face, to see Hate had transformed into a beautiful being. And I let him in, charming smile and all. 

He wandered around and cast out Love, who was hiding in my closet. 

Hate decided to stay for a while. 

I asked Hate to leave last week. He won't go. He won't go.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the curtains burned last week,
    so thats not an option either"

    where do you come up with this stuff?
    its wonderful, simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you talk about Love and Hate like they were people, I love personification. I like the story that you spin for the viewer, I really enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " Hate would never give up."

    Golly gee. This is amazing. Not just this line, but all of this. "Hate decided to stay for a while."

    I could just go on about my favorite lines....Maybe I"ll just copy and paste your whole post instead....

    ReplyDelete